FAILURE: Ten Day Intimacy Challenge


Well, it's one month later, and it's time to update you all.

That is to say, it's time to admit to failure. To impuissance! To impotence, even!

I told you, dear readers, that wifey and I would take the 10 Day Challenge of having sex every day for ten days. I would then report back to you on the salutary and salubrious effects so much "intimacy" had on our marriage.

We failed. Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail. I could say that life got in the way, I could make my excuses, but they would be just that...excuses. We tried to consummate. We tried to constantly mate. Twice we set down the 10 Day road, twice we were interrupted and couldn't finish. So here am I, all of a month later. Coitus interruptus meant bloggus interruptus.

Even though we did have a lot of sex, but I am unable to report to you the effect of ten straight days of sex on my marriage.

Here are a couple of takeaways about frequent sex in marriage, for whatever it's worth. From a guy who couldn't even manage ten straight days of sex with his wife. Twice.

Frequent and planned sex breaks the "erotic enchantment". You may think you don't want to break the erotic enchantment. Trust me. You do. More on that here.

Viewing sex as a pleasurable duty elevates your other marital duties to pleasures. More on that bonny thought here.

It makes you better at wooing/seducing. Perhaps counter-intuitively. But there it is. More on that here.

Sex is good for succoring. And my wife's good at succoring. So am I, for that matter. I can succor all day.

So there you have it. Things I learned from my impuissance. Man, I love that word.


Comments

  1. Try, try, try again? Three times a knight?
    Love this Blog.
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'll have to keep trying, I guess.

      Delete

Post a Comment