The Giant's Children Interviewed About Their Mother

This is Kimberly. She agreed to marry me in her youth, and in the past fifteen years has borne five children, run my house and my business with me, and been a constant support. I need her for everything.


I found some interview questions designed to be asked of children about their mothers and decided to ask them of all five of our children. What better way for me to get to know my own wife? And now, through the power of blogging, I grant you that very same insight into that wife of excellent character, Kimberly Ann.

We have five children, ranging from age 11 to 2 and a 1/2. I asked the youngest a few of these questions for cuteness' sake, and cute it was. 

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Renata, age 11: I need you to move quickly.
Joffre, age 10: Do your chores.
George, age 8: Do some work. My school and feed the chickens.
Ward, age 6: Do your chores.
Mara, age 2: She says to me, Paint!

2. What makes mom happy?
Renata: When everything is done to her satisfaction.
Joffre: Delicious chocolates and snuggling with dad.
George: Her favorite candy. Playing a game like Ticket to Ride.
Ward: Clean place.

3. What makes mom sad?
Renata: When nothing’s going right.
Joffre: When dad’s away; when we aren’t well-behaved.
George: Having to spank us.
Ward: Dirty place.
Mara: When mommy’s busy.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Renata: Sometimes she’s sarcastic with Joffre.
Joffre: By being sarcastic.
George: By tickling me.
Ward: Tickling.
Mara: Says something funny.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Renata: She loved to swim. I don’t know much about mom’s childhood.
Joffre: She had lots of animals. She was small, right?
George: Like me, I guess. She did chores, she did school.
Ward: Like me. Like Renata.

6. How old is your mom?
Renata: 36. (correct.)
Joffre: 36.
George: 34.
Ward: I never asked her that.
Mara: Mom’s two.

7. How tall is your mom?
Renata: 5’6”. (correct.)
Joffre: 5’9”.
George: Four feet.
Ward: Twenty inches. No, that'd be way too short. Thirty inches.

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Renata: She likes to read novels.
Joffre: Read on her Kindle.
George: Read. And play Ticket to Ride.
Ward: Paint.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Renata: I think she reads. When she’s not busy with the boys.
Joffre: Take a nap, depending on the time of day.
George: Plan about stuff, when it’s Christmas or something plan about what presents she’ll get us.
Ward: She's on the Kindle.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Renata: Her garden.
Joffre: Painting.
George: Art.
Ward: Artwork.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Renata: Gardening.
Joffre: Painting. Being a very fun mom.
George: Art.
Ward: Painting, I would say.
Mara: Painting.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Renata: Cooking.
Joffre: Board games. Speaking in public.
George: Using tools and hammering.
Ward: Electricity. She's not good at that, I know that.

13. What does your mom do for a job?
Renata: Keep house for daddy.
Joffre: Looks after us. Does work around the house.
George: Paint.
Ward: Paint.

14.What is your mom's favorite food?
Renata: Chocolate.
Joffre: Bagels and cream cheese.
George: Soup. And a bunch of other stuff.
Ward: Bagels and cream cheese.
Mara: Apples.

15.What makes you proud of your mom?  
Renata: Her garden, her art.
Joffre: She’s a good gardener. A good painter.
George: Her artwork.
Ward: Her paintings.

16. If your mom were a character, who would she be?
Renata: Mrs. Weasley.
Joffre: Wilma Flintstone. She’s a hard-working woman, likes to keep things neat. The only reason I hesitate is that she doesn’t have any children.
George: Susie from Calvin and Hobbes, because she passes notes around and draws a lot.
Ward: The only girl superhero I can think of right now is Wonder Woman. That’s the only one.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Renata: Paint. No, that’s not a good answer. Sometimes we cook together.
Joffre: Give garden tours. Do stuff outside.
George: Shop.
Ward: Play Ticket to Ride and board games.
Mara: Sleeping.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Renata: We both like to draw and paint.
Joffre: We like to garden, draw, do art stuff.
George: I like to paint.
Ward: Does she have one of these belly buttons?

19. How are you and your mom different?
Renata: I’m trying to be a writer when she was trying to be a painter.
Joffre: I look more like dad’s side. I’m not too good of a painter.
George: I like to use tools.
Ward: I have darker skin.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Renata: The way she’s trying to prepare me for my life.
Joffre: She cares for me, she’s affectionate.
George: She fed me when I was little. She helped me understand things. She disciplined me. She took care of me.
Ward: Cooking.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Renata: The way he talks to her.
Joffre: His huge and awesome beard and how loving he is to her.
George: That he’s big and strong.
Ward: His beard.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Renata: Florida.
Joffre: Lowe’s or Chick-Fil-A.
George: Lowe’s.
Ward: Art studio.

Comments