Important Part of Growing an Afro

I didn't know it until this morning, but my seven-year-old son has definite opinions on afros, a hairstyle which my father rocked in the '70s to excellent effect.

This morning we were watching the final match of the regular season for two Australian SuperRugby clubs, the New South Wales Waratahs and the Queensland Reds, a match which ended at 7:30am for us on the east coast of the U.S.

This man had a good game.



This is Tatafu Polota-Nau, hooker for the Waratahs. As my son's attention was drawn to him, he felt compelled to offer this opinion: "That's a nice beard. I don't normally like the fluffy hairstyle, I think it looks silly. But the beard matches pretty well with it."

So there you have it, fluffy style. If you're planning on growing an afro, and want to keep my son's respect, grow out that beard.

Comments