Gift of Several New Pipes

I recently had the pleasure of coaching several actors for the film Get Better in the art of pipe smoking.  I returned from the home of Robert Linder, the actor in the principal role, with a pile of his old pipes. He is now primarily a cigar smoker, and I guess he decided his pipes needed to go to a loving home. Well, they're in a loving home.

Most of the pipes were straights, built along solid lines. Several looked as if they had been made during the 70s and 80s. Robert has been in the arts for many years, and has done some traveling. I'll have to get the back stories for these pipes some day.

Without question the find of the bunch was an elegant long-stemmed Peterson squashed apple, which I'll look forward to clenching between my teeth as a stroll though the cobbled streets of downtown Greenville.





Comments