Get Better Shooting Tomorrow: Pipes On Weekend!

The inimitable Chris White's newest film, Get Better, begins filming tomorrow.

Joffre The Giant is the official Pipe Wrangler of this film. I received these instructions this morning: ""Saturday. 5 pm. Pipes and tobacco for 10. Want you on camera, too." So this Saturday I'll be heading up to scenic and beautiful Tryon, North Carolina, to become a star of film and stage.

I am looking forward very much to seeing what the location is. What I am looking forward to less is coaching several initiates at once in the noble art of pipe smoking. We'll see how that goes. I hope I can keep my camera going for some of it. Whether I manage to or not, I'll be sure to let readers and viewers of The Giant know when they can get hold of the film. Think about it: how often do you get to see pipe smokers on film? Besides True Grit. And Inglorious Basterds. And There Will Be Blood. Wait a second, I'm seeing a trend: magnificent movies all!

[caption id="attachment_8726" align="aligncenter" width="328" caption="Hm...maybe I'll bring 10 billiards. No...10 pokers. No...10 canadians. No..."][/caption]

Comments