Featured Pipe Smoker: Gregg (Buzz)

Gregg (Buzz)

Profession: Truck Driver/Delivery

Location: Rhode Island

Website: on facebook. Also on facebook "Good Taste" (Gentlemen of Good Taste)

Years smoking a pipe: one

Favorite blends: Yellow Jacket, Mike's Blend, Sambuca

Favorite pipe(s): my Kriswill bent

Favorite pipe smoker: "Old man at the game" (see compelling moment below)

What's the best part of smoking a pipe? Knowing that at that moment you have no care or worries. That time with my pipe is cherished and my mind drifts away from stress and work and puts me into a place I'd like to visit more often.

What's manly about smoking a pipe? It screams "Classic Gentlemen".

How did you start smoking a pipe? I always loved the smell, look and history of pipe smoking and always wanted to try. It took a camping trip with friends one October to try it and I guess the setting and experience was too perfect to look back.

What was your most compelling as a pipesmoker? I'd have to say it was back when I was probably 8 or 9 years old and at Red Sox game with my father and sister and sitting in front of us was the "classic" old man. Round build, white hair and beard, flannel shirt with his eye glass case stuffed in the breast pocket....suspenders and all. I just remember smelling the aroma from the pipe he was smoking and instantly loving it. I found myself losing interest in the game and focusing on this man. Maybe I though he was Santa Claus, (but at 8 or 9 I think I knew better). At the end of the game he stood up to leave and gave me a smile and nod and it always stuck with me,

Miscellania you'd like to add: Soon to be daddy for 1st time!

Comments