Featured Pipe Smoker: Frank D'Agostino

Frank D'Agostino

Profession: 
Security Guard

Location: 
South Carolina

Years smoking a pipe: 
9

Favorite blends: 
Wilke Nut Brown Burley, Wilke No. 10

Favorite pipe(s): 
My Great-Grandfather's (Frank Eber Dorman)

Favorite pipe smoker:   
C.S. Lewis

What's the best part of smoking a pipe?  
The adventure of trying new blends (tied with) the aesthetic beauty of the pipe.

What's manly about smoking a pipe?  
The time and care it takes to smoke a pipe well.

How did you start smoking a pipe?  
Inherited my Great-Grandfather's pipe and thought I'd give it a try, never looked back!  Started with Stokkebye's Highland Whisky and quickly graduated to English blends.  Later, I discovered my favorite: burley.

What was your most interesting/funniest/compelling/whatever moment as a pipesmoker?  
My first experience with English was Dunhill's Nightcap (while the real blend was still available).  I absolutely loved the taste and aroma, it got me hooked on non-aromatics...but I had to lay down for a while to recover.  That first bowl taught me a lesson in "sipping slowly."

Comments