Nous Sommes Arrivés

Well, we are safely arrived, having pulled into the driveway on East Tyger Bridge Road mid-day Thursday. Folks from Holy Trinity Reformed Church, our new church, met us and helped us unload. They were done very quickly, but Kimberly and I are still travailing away, unpacking. Still, four of five rooms are reaching a semblance of normalité. I hope we get close to done before today's end, since tomorrow's Sunday, and on Monday real life starts up again.

I think we'll definitely be able to make ourselves a home here. We've got a church (which we've yet to attend Sunday worship with!!), today a wonderful breeze is blowing, and perhaps best of all, I may have found a radio station! Yesterday, as I was driving to Wal-Mart, I heard consecutively a Dwight Yoakam cover of Johnny Cash, a Cowboy Junkies cover of Neil Young, and some local guy's cover of Never Been to Spain, that song Three Dog Night made famous. So I think we might stick around for a while.

All y'all are welcome to visit us if you're in this part of the country. We'll stick you in the basement or something.

Comments