I Like Girls Who Wear Abercrombie & Fitch

Well, the Oaks Mall has an Abercrombie & Fitch these days. This is old news, but it was new to me this past Saturday, when I heard from across the food court a poom poom poom soundtrack o' sleaze. It was emanating from the A & F, whose notorious catalogue you probably know of. Walking past, I saw that skinny young men and women were wandering around in the store, hanging about and semi-shopping.



Side note: as far as I'm concerned, and I'm on record with my wife and parents on this, I'm not going out on weird limb when I say it, the new girls' fashion for wearing really tight jeans below the hips only serves to emphasize the average american girl's lack of a butt.



Anyway, walking past the Abercrombie & Fitch, looked inside and bam (!), two huge wall-size black-and-whites of boys/men covered in droplets of water and sand, showing their fantastic abs and kind of wearing pants, pouting at me. When I saw those, I didn't for a minute think, "they've put those up their to draw the girls in." American boys are being made into wusses. You notice that the clothes that are cool are becoming more asexual and revealing, so that tight everywhere is a virtue for males. Kids are being taught that sex and sexual attraction is the same way for both sexes, and are staring to act like it. It's one of the reasons I think a lot of fashion for young males looks kind of gay. It would have looked gay a decade or two ago because it's SOP for catamites to dress in an attractive, "look what I got" sort of way...it only makes sense. Then the EMO scene of a few years ago that a lot of today's mainstream fratty fashions have come out of was also loaded down with homosexuals and "asexuals" (some of you might recall that the first famously "asexual" pop icon was Morrissey). The ethic in that community was also to display wares.



Those posters are up there like that for the same reason skinny women are pasted all over women's magazines. "Don't you want to look like this, so you can nail the cute guy, and have a good life from there?" And now, males, trying to get their females as if they were peacocks. Hmm. Pea... Co.... *cough* Excuse me.

Comments