wjlf, Gainesville's local mainstream evangelly music source, played a really great song today...In Your Eyes. Not the Peter Gabriel version, but a cover by Nichole Nordeman. I want to touch the light, the heat I see in your eyes. It's a great song (says I, I says, and I'll say it again), and while it's written to a person (a hot chick, one presumes), it sorta fits as a song to God. There are great lines like I see the resolution of all the fruitless searches

in your eyes
...but still, I can't help but feel that Ms. (Mrs?) Nordeman's keyword search faculty all we humans have went off when she heard in your eyes I see the doorway to a thousand churches. Then...you sort of see it kinda fits what we're trying to do here. Nhe.



The problem in that in a milieu that's so wrongly accomodating, you can't be as accomodating as you'd like. It's just tough tooties.



Now here's a cover that worked well...There She Goes, Sixpence None the Richer. Just some happy pop song...it's all it ever wanted to be, and it's content.

Comments