Fat-Bottomed Girls, They Make The Rocking World Go 'Round

Kimberly & I spent Sunday afternoon in the pleasant company of Rich & Alaina Gall. After finishing off an imposing spread of appetizers, Rich and I moved to the porch in order to smoke Macanudo Maduros (provided by moi) and drink what was left (a lot) of a bottle of Remy Martin VSOP cognac (courtesy of Rich). I specify the suppliers of goods because I know only one enophile who's even in my dad's league: i.e. Ricardus "The Rooster" Gallus. The cognac was made from champagne grapes, and even came in a champagne bottle instead of the usual flat-bottomed dealie. It was therefore really, Ah meen rilly, rilly smooth and a touch sweeter than what I've had before.



Although not in the same order of magnitude, I thought the experience similar to that of my first time drinking Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (at that abomination of a coffeehouse in Gainesville, Dg's…you know, I've had a JBM a half-dozen times and never paid for it? Thas' right. Uh-huh.). It is inevitable that in sipping it the sipper should say, "wow!" because it is so very smooth. I mean smoooooth. But…it's not very complex, and most importantly, it has no kick. How can a man who likes Guinness really get into Blue Mountain?



To a smaller degree, that was my experience with champagne cognac…smooth, daddy, but give me Courvoisier and its Queen Latifah curves.



Regardless, very fun times at the Galls.



Happy anniversary to them.

Comments